My photographic and volunteer work is dedicated to the protection of natural environments. A biologist by training, I have presented numerous lectures spanning natural history and photography. The audiences include members of nature and photography clubs in Ontario, Nova Scotia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan, as well as local chapters of the Sierra Club, and National Audubon Society in the USA. I am an energetic and knowledgeable speaker, and have frequently been invited to give presentations at various conferences and meetings. Presented with carefully selected photographs, personal insight, and captivating story line, your guests will be quickly immersed in a fascinating virtual journey. If you are looking for a speaker for your public or private event, contact me to discuss the most appropriate subject from a wide selection of illustrated shows on a photography, adventure travel, or nature conservation topics.
Upcoming public presentations
- Thursday, February 18, 2016 – I will give a presentation titled “Photography and Conservation” at the 11th Prairie Conservation and Endangered Species Conference in Saskatoon. I was also given a task to prepare a short audio-visual show to wrap-up the conference and leave paricipants with strong visual images of the Canadia Prairies.
- January 2016 – illustrated talk Photography in Croatia for the Saskatoon Camera Club
- September 2015 – Digital photography workshop at the Humboldt Museum and Gallery in Humboldt, Saskatchewan. This course included a 3 hour classroom instruction and one short outdoor field trip with hands – on training.
- April 2014 – illustrated talk Saskatchewan Landscapes at the Frances Morrison Public Library in Saskatoon.
- February 2015 – photography workshop The Art of Landscape Photography at the Centre for Continuing Education / Lifelong Learning Centre, University of Regina.
- November 2014 – illustrated talk Travels to Croatia at the Mayfair Branch Library in Saskatoon.
- November 2014 – illustrated talk Wonders of Croatia for the Frame by Frame PhotoForum, Royal Saskatchewan Museum in Regina.
- October 2014 – lecture Saskatchewan Grasslands at the Centre for Continuing Education, University of Regina.
- May 2014 – illustrated talk Saskatchewan Grasslands at the Swift Current Museum, Swift Current.
- April 2014 – illustrated talk Iceland – a Photographer’s Dream at the Mayfair Branch Library in Saskatoon.
- March 2014 – public talk Saskatchewan Grasslands – a Vanishing Landscape? at the Royal Saskatchewan Museum in Regina.
- March 2014 – illustrated talk Iceland – a Photographer’s Dream for the Northern Image Photographers camera club in Prince Albert.
- January 2014 – illustrated talk Saskatchewan Grasslands – a Vanishing Landscape? at the Frances Morrison Public Library in Saskatoon.
- May 2013 – presentation titled Nature in the City at the Frances Morrison Public Library in Saskatoon, 311 – 23rd Street E. This talk was part of the Sustainability Speaker Series for the Saskatchewan Environmental Society. My presentation was part of the week-long festival Wild About Saskatoon, to celebrate nature and culture in the City of Saskatoon. I gave a second presentation that week for the Golden K Kiwanis Club.
- November 2012 – presentation at the Frances Morrison Public Library in Saskatoon titled “Adventure journey to the Mount Everest Base Camp“. An illustrated talk about the adventure trek to Mt Everest Base Camp in fall of 2010.
- October 2012 – a presentation Iceland – a Photographer’s Dream for the Saskatoon Camera Club. In the summer of 2012 I joined a group of 14 photographers on a photo tour of Iceland. This island country in northern Atlantic is relatively small, but offers an amazing array of opportunities for landscape photography: vast glaciers with calving icebergs, stark volcanic lava beds, bubbling hot mud pools and countless waterfalls. The presentation included highlights from the trip, and tips for anyone planning to visit this fantastic photo destination.
- April 2012 – I gave a presentation Mt. Everest Base Camp Trek at the Frame by Frame PhotoForum in Regina, Saskatchewan
- December 2011 – I took part in the panel discussion Nature Photography Exposed: Tips and Techniques with the Saskatchewan photographers Robin Karpan and May Haga (for the Saskatoon Nature Society)
- October 2011 – presentation for the Saskatchewan Environmental Society. The Decade on Biodiversity: a Saskatchewan Perspective at the Cliff Wright Library in Saskatoon
- April 2011 – presentation Biodiversity hotspots in Saskatchewan at the Frances Morrison Library in Saskatoon.
- January 2011 – presentation Mt. Everest Base Camp Trek for the Saskatoon Camera Club.
- December 2010 – presentation The International Year of Biodiversity: a Saskatchewan Perspective at the University of Saskatchewan (for the Saskatoon Nature Society)
- June 2010 – an audio-visual presentation Guardians of the Grasslands – Home for the Range at the opening of the Nature Saskatchewan Spring Meet in Saskatoon, Sask.
- March 2009 – presentation titled Wanuskewin Heritage Park – the seasons at the Frances Morrison Library in Saskatoon, Sask.
- February 2008 – The Great Sand Hills presentation at a fund-raising event for the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, Saskatoon, Sask.